Did negligent security contribute to the shooting at a Hollywood Park lounge and are justice and compensation available to the victims families and injured victim? Read Our Legal Take below to find out what legal options are available.
Two people are dead and one person injured after a shooting at a Hollywood Park lounge early Sunday morning, Sept 11, 2022.
As reported by KENS5.com, “officers responded to [a lounge] along San Pedro Avenue shortly after 1 a.m. after gunfire was reported.”
KTSA.com reported, “[w]hen officers arrived, two of the victims had already died while a third was rushed to a hospital. The injured person is expected to recover.”
KSAT.com is reporting, “[a]ccording to the medical examiner, one of the victims killed in the shooting has been identified as Justin D. Hutchieson, 26. The other victim’s identity hasn’t been released.
The investigation is ongoing.
IS JUSTICE AVAILABLE? OUR LEGAL TAKE
Restaurant and lounge guests have a right to feel safe and secure while on the premises. The level of security provided at the property is of significance, and is a relevant consideration when analyzing whether this shooting may have been prevented. The following questions are also important in assessing whether this incident may have been avoided:
- What security measures were in place to deter crime and protect the victim at the time of the shooting?
- Does the property owner or management have a protocol to check guests for deadly weapons prior to entering the establishment?
- Have there been prior incidents of violence on the property, and were any security measures added after any prior incidents?
- Was the property aware of any suspicious persons or suspicious activity on the property prior to the shooting?
- Have prior incidents of violence been reported on or near the property?
- Were any security personnel at the property?
- Have there been prior incidents of violence on the property?
- Were security measures added after any prior incidents?
- What protocol was in place to deter crime and protect the victims at the time of the shooting?
- Have authorities been to the property on prior occasions?
Property owners are generally required to protect against foreseeable harm to anyone and everyone legally on the premises. Should the investigation into this incident reveal facts that establish that the property owner or management lacked adequate security to protect its residents and visitors, the family of Justin D. Hutchieson may seek justice and elect to pursue legal claims and substantial compensation for their loss. In addition, any injured victims may seek justice and elect to pursue legal claims and substantial compensation for their injuries.
The Murray Law Firm has extensive and successful experience in handling security negligence claims on behalf of victims and their families, and suggests that an immediate, unbiased inspection of the property will need to be performed so as to limit evidence from being altered, damaged or destroyed. The complexities of pursuing a negligent security case are well understood by the legal team at The Murray Law Firm, and it is imperative that the family of Justin D. Hutchieson and any injured victims retain a capable law firm who will work without delay to protect their interests.
OUR RESULTS: OVER $125 MILLION IN VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS FOR OUR CLIENTS
The Murray Law Firm has a long history of representing victims of violence and security negligence. We have obtained over $125 Million in verdicts and settlements for our Clients, including:
- A $29.25 million dollar verdict for a victim of an unsafe property.
- Settlement in excess of $10 million dollars for a victim of gun violence at an apartment complex.
- Settlement in excess of $10 million dollars for a family who lost a loved one to gun violence at a commercial property.
We offer our legal assistance, if desired. We represent our Clients on a contingency agreement, which generally means that no fees or payments are owed until and unless we recover. Anyone seeking further information or legal representation is encouraged to contact us via e-mail (click here) or by telephone at 888-842-1616. Consultations are free and confidential.
How to Choose and Hire the Right Attorney (Click Here)