Did negligent security contribute to the shooting at a Rochester nightclub and are justice and compensation available to the victim? Read Our Legal Take below to find out what legal options are available.
A young man injured after a shooting at a Rochester, NY nightclub early Friday morning, Oct 28, 2022.
As reported by WHEC.com, “Rochester police officers responded just before 1 a.m. to what they describe as a chaotic scene at the Allure Nightclub after getting a report of gunshots.”
Rochesterfirst.com is reporting, “[o]nce inside, officers located evidence that gunshots had been fired while the nightclub was open for business and received information shortly after about a gunshot victim who had arrived at Rochester General Hospital via a private vehicle.”
According to the report, “[a]uthorities say the victim, a 20-year-old male, was shot at least once in the upper body and is being treated for non-life-threatening injuries. Officials clarified that the shooting occurred inside the nightclub.”
The investigation is ongoing.
IS JUSTICE AVAILABLE? OUR LEGAL TAKE
Nightclub guests have a right to feel safe and secure while on the premises. The level of security provided at the property is of significance, and is a relevant consideration when analyzing whether this Shooting may have been prevented. The following questions are also important in assessing whether this incident may have been avoided:
- Have prior incidents of violence been reported on or near the property?
- Was the property owner or manager aware of any suspicious activity prior to the shooting?
- Were any security personnel at the property?
- Have there been prior incidents of violence on the property?
- Were security measures added after any prior incidents?
- What protocol was in place to deter crime and protect the victims at the time of the shooting?
- Was the property owner or manager aware of any suspicious persons or suspicious activity on the property prior to the shooting?
- Have authorities been to the property on prior occasions?
- Does the property owner or management have a protocol to check guests for deadly weapons prior to entering the establishment?
Property owners are generally required to protect against foreseeable harm to anyone and everyone legally on the premises. Should the investigation into this incident reveal facts that establish that the property owner or management lacked adequate security to protect its residents and visitors, the victim may seek justice and elect to pursue legal claims and substantial compensation for his injuries.
The Murray Law Firm has extensive and successful experience in handling security negligence claims on behalf of victims and their families, and suggests that an immediate, unbiased inspection of the property will need to be performed so as to limit evidence from being altered, damaged or destroyed. The complexities of pursuing a negligent security case are well understood by the legal team at The Murray Law Firm, and it is imperative that the victim retain a capable law firm who will work without delay to protect his interests.
OUR RESULTS: OVER $125 MILLION IN VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS FOR OUR CLIENTS
The Murray Law Firm has a long history of representing victims of violence and security negligence. We have obtained over $125 Million in verdicts and settlements for our Clients, including:
- A $29.25 million dollar verdict for a victim of an unsafe property.
- Settlement in excess of $10 million dollars for a victim of gun violence at an apartment complex.
- Settlement in excess of $10 million dollars for a family who lost a loved one to gun violence at a commercial property.
We offer our legal assistance, if desired. We represent our Clients on a contingency agreement, which generally means that no fees or payments are owed until and unless we recover. Anyone seeking further information or legal representation is encouraged to contact us via e-mail (click here) or by telephone at 888-842-1616. Consultations are free and confidential.